Anti-discrimination hub: In what basic areas of life does knowing the law help you take care of yourself?
- Work and employment: if during a job interview or salary negotiation you hear questions about sensitive information that is not related to your ability to do the job, you have the right to refuse to answer.
- Housing: if you want to rent an apartment, you cannot be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. Knowledge of anti-discrimination laws can help you avoid law violations by landlords.
- Access to public places: restaurants, stores, offices or educational institutions have the obligation to provide access to everyone regardless of disability, race, religion, etc. If you experience inequality in access to services, you can exercise your right and report such cases to appropriate authorities.
- Education: students have the right to education without discrimination based on gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, etc. If you think you have been discriminated against in an educational institution, it is good to know where you can get help and what rights you have under anti-discrimination laws.
- Health care: you must not have difficulty accessing health services because of your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, etc. Knowing your rights in accessing medical care can save your health and life.
Knowing the anti-discrimination law is crucial in combating inequality in various aspects of life. It gives a sense of security and justice. If you feel that you are experiencing abuse, you should consult a lawyer or a human rights organization that can help you defend your rights. You can come to us!
Mondays 9: a.m. -10: a.m. (on duty in English, Arabic, Italian, Russian, Belarusian and Polish)
Wednesdays 5: p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (on duty in Ukrainian, Polish, English)
Location: baobab, 39b Krakowskie Przedmieście Street, Lublin